Arkein Capital Partners
In 2011, Arkein International identified a titanium bearing slag owned by Evraz Highveld Steel and Vanadium (www.highveldsteel.co.za), a subsidiary of Evraz Plc (www.evraz.com) located in South Africa and appointed Hatch (www.hatch.ca) to conduct feasibility studies aimed at developing a viable business model to extract the titanium and produce a coated rutile titanium pigment. Nyanza Light Metals (Pty) Ltd is company that was set up jointly by Arkein International (80%) and Evraz (20%) to develop the titanium pigment project.
- Project Country– Republic of South Africa.
- Current project stage – concluded scoping study (FEL1) and now at an advanced pre-feasibility stage (FEL2).
- Secured resource size of 10 million tons of an available 35 million tons.
- Life of project on secured resource of 40 years (> 100yrs on available resource).
- Production target at steady state of 50,000 tons per annum of titanium pigment.
- Long term titanium pigment price forecast of US$3,800 – 4,000 per ton (tzmi.com).
- Forecast Steady state revenue of US$ 300 million per annum.
- Total feasibility costs – US$ 9.5 million (2% of Project funding).
- Project total funding at financial close – US$400 million.
- Ungeared project internal rate of return (IRR) above 40%.
- Construction date – 1st Quarter 2016.
- Commissioning date – 1st quarter 2018.
“Arkein Capital is a dynamic place with interests across the continent. Managing the money in a fast moving, entrepreneurial and pan african business is not for the faint hearted. It keeps you on your toes and always up to date with legislation across different jurisdictions! I wouldn’t trade it for the world.”
– Ian Cameron, Chief Financial Officer @ Arkein Group
Through targeted investments and partnerships, Arkein aims to make a meaningful difference on the continent, thereby assisting in the stimulation of economic growth and value addition, ultimately leading to the improvement of the lives of its inhabitants.
Get in touch.
Are you looking for a reliable business partner? Then get in touch.